Thursday, January 14, 2010

....and the bombardment continues

I noticed that a new posting for employment in the Test Kitchen popped up today. So, guess what I'm doing..........(drumroll).........sending my resume AGAIN! Yes, it's time for the folks over there to pull out the file flagged "THE CRAZY WHO WON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER", and categorize my CV appropriately.

This is a position for an individual that has the following tasks appointed to them: prints orders, shops for groceries, stores groceries, does inventory, preps food, takes photos, cleans & deep cleans, and does the occasional re-test of a recipe.

Ok, so this position doesn't need a BS in Food Science however does need the following:
  • minimum of associate's degree in culinary, food service, or related field
  • current food handler's certificate required

I'm fairly certain (no, 100% sure) that I could handle all the essential duties and then some. I will be looking into how one attains a food handler's certificate. Perhaps this small nugget of movement towards acquiring 1 of 2 of the necessary requirements will allow for my resume to be switched to the file marked "LUNATIC RESUME-SENDING LADY WITH A FOOD HANDLER'S CERTIFICATE".

Until then, I shall persevere. The bombers of Hiroshima have nothing on me.

3 comments:

  1. can you tour these places? if so, I'll go with you. Let's stalk up close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, there is a TOH outlet store as well as a Reiman visitor center in Greendale. Let's Go! Don't forget your sunglasses & trenchcoat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. outlet store??? I'm there! name a date!

    ReplyDelete