Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm working in a Test Kitchen!

Are you excited for me? I just realized that at my fingertips I have a fully equipped kitchen within my own home that I am majorly familiar with and have access to 24 hours a day. What does that give me? Recipes straight from the Test Kitchens of Daniela.

Basically, the job that I am pursuing at Taste of Home would involve testing recipes. This person makes sure that:

1. The submitted recipe tastes good
2. The dish photographs well
3. Any substitutions to make the meal more healthy/low-fat/heart-smart would work as well

I decided why wait for that email/phone call from Taste of Home. I could start my dream job now (minus the pay, of course) and while at it, expand my own personal recipe favorites. I need your help now. To make this work, I need YOUR recipe submissions. I will pick one a week, make the recipe, take pics of it and then give my two cents on the meal. This also requires a tasting panel. While my husband enjoys my cooking, I can honestly say that this man is a living garbage disposal and would eat cardboard if it was covered with ketchup. So, he doesn't count (sorry babe). Those of you that live close by will be called upon on Test Kitchen Daniela days to sample the fare. Sound good?

Start submitting those recipes please. Honestly. Or this idea will end up in the same pile as the notion that I could train for and run a marathon.

3 comments:

  1. I'm in! Will find something to send. I'm a great tester too! We could go running afterward to work it off....just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. as long as you don't want to run over five miles, I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think my body would do that anyway.

    ReplyDelete