Friday, January 15, 2010

Houston, we have contact.

Lo and behold, after sending my resume yesterday for the job posting, I received an email back from Reader's Digest (Taste Of Home).

Let's start with the good news: This is the first time that I've actually received any response to a submission. Normally my resume would be sent for a job posting and it would be followed by a very long audio clip of crickets chirping.

Now to the not-so-good news. I received my first email at 2:02 PM, which stated they have identified another candidate, and have filled the position. Fine. At least, I am on their radar and I was worthy of a notification that it's a no-go. Interestingly enough, I received another email at 8:05 PM, which said that while the position is currently open, they are putting the hiring on hold. I'm confused.....two emails with two different responses that conclude with the statement that my resume will remain on file in their database.

Oh, well. The mission continues. But wait, don't they say that a double negative is actually a positive? That's how I'm viewing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment