Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love. Then eat some more.



I woke up this morning, sat down at my computer and got the most wonderful little surprise. Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat Pray Love, will be in Madison next month discussing her book, her writing style, and her pure brilliance as part of the Wisconsin Book Festival. I am beyond excited to go hear her speak.

This book spoke to me in a way that no other book has ever been able to. As I read about her stay in Italy, I felt like I was her dining companion. Her colorful and passion fueled passages about food allowed me to taste them right along with her. The portion of the book dealing with the delicate yet complex food that is served throughout Italy was a delicious read for me, but the overall message extracted from Eat Pray Love has served as great inspiration. The core of the message is this: if you are not happy and strive for change, do it. Create your own journey to find yourself and personal happiness.

This blog is definitely a significant product of the above mentioned inspiration. I cried when I was pages away from finishing for two reasons:
1. I wanted this book to be never-ending 2. I knew that I would have to buck-up and create my own goals upon completion

So, here I am putting my love of cooking and eating out there for the world to see. I pray that my zeal is crystal-clear and transparent enough for someone to take a chance on me with the job of my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment